8 Days | Daily Departures
The Kenya Classic provides the ultimate ecological, and cultural experience in Kenya. This safari is ideal for families with young children, but also a great safari for couples.
Call 800.510.6059 or email us at email@example.com to reserve your trip today!
- Bed & Breakfast in Nairobi
- All meals at safari camps
- Park & Conservancy fees
- Game drives on shared basis in 4 x 4 vehicles
- Visit to a Samburu village
- A wildlife lecture and access to the Educational Wildlife Museum
- Display of Masaai dancing
- Airport/airstrip transfers. Air travel is used extensively to reduce time spent on bumpy and dusty roads
- Government taxes
In conjunction with the Kenya Tourism Board, we are also including:
- A complimentary balloon safari in the Masai Mara (a value of $450 per person)
- A complimentary camel ride in Samburu (a value of $50 per person)
Day 1: Arrive Nairobi
Upon arrival in Nairobi, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. Time permitting, depart on an optional afternoon tour of Karen Blixen Museum and the Giraffe Centre, where the highly endangered Rothschild giraffe lives in peace.
Day 2: Nairobi / Samburu National Reserve
Transfer to Wilson Airport for the scheduled flight to Samburu. Upon arrival you will be transferred to your camp with a short game drive en route. After lunch you will embark on your first game drive of your safari, returning to the camp in the late afternoon. (BLD)
Day 3: Samburu National Reserve
Morning and afternoon activities in Samburu National Reserve. The camp’s location deep inside the reserve guarantees close encounters with the region’s shier wildlife, including elephant, lion, leopard, and Samburu’s famous ‘unique five’ – the rare reticulated giraffe, long-necked gerenuk antelope, Somali ostrich, Grevy’s zebra, and majestic Beisa Oryx. (BLD)
Day 4: Samburu / Nairobi / Lake Naivasha
After the morning activity, transfer to the airstrip with a picnic lunch for your scheduled flight to Nairobi and connection to Naivasha. On arrival at the airstrip you will be met and transferred to the lodge followed by an afternoon cycling around the lodge for an hour. (BLD)
Day 5: Lake Naivasha
Enjoy a game drive in Lake Nakuru National Park, with picnic lunch. Return to your lodge with a stop at Unity Curio Shop en route. (BLD)
Day 6: Lake Naivasha / Masai Mara Game Reserve
After a boat ride on Lake Naivasha, transfer to the airstrip for the flight to the Masai Mara Game Reserve. Upon arrival you will be met and transferred to your camp. Depart on an afternoon game drive, returning back to the camp as the sunsets. (BLD)
Day 7: Masai Mara Game Reserve
At dawn you will climb aboard a hot air balloon and fly along the course of the Mara River and over the vast plains as the sun rises. As you float over the plains and above the forest alongside the Mara River, you will see Hippos, Crocodile and Elephant from above. After brunch in the bush, return to camp to relax before the afternoon game drive. The camp offers some of the world’s finest game viewing, with large local populations of elephants, rhinos, buffalos, and all the Big Cats. (BLD)
Day 8: Masai Mara / Nairobi / Depart
After a morning activity and lunch, fly back to Nairobi and transfer to the international airport in time for your departure flight. (BL)
- Nairobi – Eka Hotel – standard room
- Samburu Game Reserve – Samburu Intrepids Camp
- Lake Naivasha – Great Rift Valley Lodge
- Masai Mara Game Reserve – Mara Intrepids Camp
Terms and Conditions
- Daily departures subject to lodge availability
- Seats on scheduled flights are subject to availability at time of confirmation.
- Single supplement is for accommodation only, and is applicable when 2 or more guests are traveling together. There is a surcharge for solo travelers – available on request.
- Baggage restriction of 33lbs per person inclusive of hand luggage is applicable on all flights in soft-sided bags.
- Please contact us for current pricing based on season.